Ir al contenido principal

Wrapping up March and April, plus May TBR


Wow it has been a long time since I posted something, and I know I keep repeating myself but life happens and too many things too little time.

Therefore, I will be catching up on March and April. March was a good reading month, but April a disaster. I finished eight books in March, all thanks to Richelle Mead and her captivating spin-off series “Bloodlines”. I did not meet my TBR but once I finished “The Golden Lily”, which was the book in my TBR, I couldn’t stop myself for reaching to the next one in the series, and then the next, and so on until I was done with the series. That means I read: “The golden Lily”, “The Indigo Spell”, “The fiery heart”, “Silver Shadows” and “Ruby Circle”.
8709523172351059833184
87095248709528
29236299



Luckily even if I felt kind of in no mood to keep going with another book, which we all know happens after series finish. I picked up “Gemina” the second book in the “Iluminae” series by Amy Kauffman and Jay Kristoff and there was no slump. I read the book, which has over six hundred pages in like four days, I couldn’t stop reading it, and I absolutely loved it.




Apart from that I finished two “Miracle morning books”, which are the ones I read during my miracle morning routine. I first finished “The Little Black Book” by Otegha Uwagba, a small but precious book with advice and good to have at hand. And then a Spanish book called “El mundo amarillo” by Albert Espinosa, which was an interesting book but I did not find it that its philosophy goes with me.

3483199 35053441
24909347



That was all I read in March, as for April the first one in my list had to be “Obsidio” the last book in the “Iluminae” series, which came out on March and I preordered on Amazon.





Then I started “The son of Neptune” from which I only read a few pages, that way I would be continuing with the series “Heroes of Olympus” by Rick Riordan.
I also started and not finished “The Alchemist” by Paulo Cohelo and “The desire Map” by Danielle LaPorte, seeking for some peace and help on my reading.

9520360 18617224 20910195

Therefore, this month, would be all about finishing books. I want to finish “The Son of Neptune” by Rick Riordan. “The Alchemist” by Paulo Cohelo and “The desire Map” by Danielle LaPorte. Next is “La Scelta” or “The Choice” in English, by Nicholas Sparks, which I started in February. After it will be “Night Child” the last book in the “Sweep”/” Wicca” series, which I have yet to finish since last year. And on the ranking on more time in my “to complete” pile is “Days of Blood and Starlight”, which I cannot even remember when the first time was that I picked it up.
9666704 734199 18048665
Last but not least my self-developing book of the month would be the Bohoberry book club pic for this month “Lunar Abundance: Cultivating Joy, Peace, and Purpose Using the Phases of the Moon” by Ezzie Spencer. This is the first month of this book club and I am really excited about it.
36658466
Thanks for reading,


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

Tittle: The retribution of Mara Dyer Series: Mara Dyer #3 Author: Michelle Hodkin Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, mystery, paranormal Pages: 481 Publisher: Simon & Schuster for Younger Readers Format: Kindle Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 2.5/5 The retribution of Mara Dyer is the third and last book in the Mara Dyer trilogy written by Michelle Hodkin. The series follows Mara Dyer a teenager who started having problems when an old building collapsed when her friends and her where inside, leaving her as the only survivor. After the accident she finds herself unable to distinguish between what happens in real life and what happens just inside her head. The series became quite popular once the first book came out, however this last book was considered as a disappointment by most people who even loved the first two books. Mara wakes up without being sure what happened after Jude’s attack. Somehow she along with Jamie and -   managed to esca

Strife - Cate Tiernan

Tittle: Strife Author: Cate Tiernan Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, fantasy, witches, magik, coming of age. Pages: 188 Publisher: Puffin Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 5 days Language: English Rating: 4/5 “Strife is the ninth book in the “Wicca/Sweep” series, a series that follows Morgan as she finds out about the existence of magik and her relationship with it. She discovers a new part of her life that threatens with run over everything else. Weird things start happening and the only one that can be blame is Morgan who is uninitiated, since now Ciaran is on the run, and Selene and Cal dead. Hunter brings someone to help her out but her solution to things kinds of goes to extreme. Also, Alisa leaves the coven, since all the things happening scared her off. “Strife” was a good book in the series but it got me lost a little bit. They introduced Alisa’s point of view which kinds of puts me off a little bit and all in all it was a little tedious

Allegiant - Veronica Roth

Tittle: Allegiant Series: Divergent #3 Author: Veronica Roth Genre: YA, science fiction, fantasy, romance, dystopia Pages: 526 Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books Format: EBook Time to read it: 2 days Language: English Rating: 4/5             Allegiant is the third and final book in the Divergent trilogy written by Veronica Roth. Probably everyone knows what the series is about since the first book was turned this year into a movie. The story develops in a city where the population is divided into factions based on their characters: Abnegation, Amity, Dauntless, Candor and Erudite. Each faction has a role in society; and at the age of sixteen kids are put into a test which will show them what their character is, and then they will choose any faction they want. Something went wrong in our main character test, which will change her life and the ones surrounding her forever.             Now, Four’s mother, the leader of the factionless, governs the city. The