Ir al contenido principal

The fiery heart - Rachel Mead

9833184


Tittle: Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4)
Author: Richelle Mead
Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, Vampires.
Pages: 420
Publisher: Penguin group
Format: Digital (Kindle)
Time to read it: 1 day
Language: English
Rating: 5/5



“Fiery Heart” is the fourth book in the “Bloodlines” series written by Richelle Mead. This is a spin-off series of her previous one “Vampire Academy”. Now our main character is Sydney, alchemist. Alchemists are secret society which protecting the humankind from evil, vampires. The alchemists have common enemy with Moroi and Damphir, and although they are not human and they will never see them as human they tolerate them. Their common enemy are Strigoi, the kind of vampire that kills for food and entertaining.

Despite Sydney’s efforts to stay away from her feelings for Adrian, they become undeniable. So, when Adrian and she think they will be able to pull it off since there is no one watching over their shoulders, Zoe comes to the picture. Zoe is Sydney’s younger sister, the one she wanted to protect from becoming an alchemist and more with all the things she has discovered over the past months about all the secrets they keep from their own kind. She has too many secrets to keep hidden from her family and the alchemist and not only her relationship with Adrian, let’s not forget about magic, cause even human magic is badly to alchemists. Therefore, between her assignments for her teacher and her way of doing things around the group which has started to be as family for her, Zoe starts having complaints about her behavior.

“Fiery Heart”, got me on a knot all the book because I saw that ending coming, but I did not want it to happen. Moreover, I think it is the first time that I see an ending coming and I do not care about it. I did not see this as a predictable book but more like something intentional, since all previous books have come to a positive ending you might thing it will not happen but when it does have the next book at hand.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

Ignite me - Tahereh Mafi

Tittle: Ignite me Series: Shatter Me #3 Author: Tahereh Mafi Genre: Fiction, YA, dystopia, science fiction, paranormal, post-apocalyptic, action Pages: 421 Publisher: Harper Collins Format: Kindle Time to read it: 3 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “Ignite me” is the last book in the “Shatter me” trilogy written by Tahereh Mafi. The series is about a destroyed futuristic world were The Reestablishment controls everything and people die of hunger.   In this shattered world Juliette is a special girl, a dangerous one, whose touch can kill. Juliette is supposed to be dead as the rest of Omega Point. However, she wakes up in Warner’s bedroom; he has saved her life after his dad shot her on her chest. That fact has changed her, she is not willing to live her brand new life hiding anymore, she will not be trapped in a jail of her own making anymore, she will fight back, and she will find Anderson and kill him. She will destroy The Reestablishment. “Igni

City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare

Tittle: Ciudad de Fuego Celestial (City of Heavenly Fire) Series: Cazadores de Sombras (The mortal Instruments) #6 Author: Cassandra Clare Genre: Fiction, YA, fantasy, paranormal, magic, romance, angels, demons, vampires, werewolves, fairies. Pages: 624 Publisher: Ediciones Destino Format: Kindle Time to read it: 7 days Language: Spanish Rating: 5/5 “City of Heavenly Fire” is the last book in the Mortal instruments series written by Cassandra Clare. This books take place in a world were magical creatures are real and to keep them from hurting humans angels created the shadow hunters, nefilim, half-human half-angel. When Clary separated Jace form Sebastian using the sword the angel Raziel gave to them she, somehow, trapped the heavenly fire inside Jace’s body, and he hasn’t been really able to control it. Sebastian starts attacking institutes all over the world turning shadow hunters to the dark and using them to keep attacking institutes. In order to be p