Ir al contenido principal

Frebruary Wrap Up & March TBR


Hello everyone,

Another month has come to an end. We have consumed two months of the year, already and my beginning in the year has not been the greatest. I have had health issues during both month, that together with my work schedule, which sucks, has not allowed me to move forward in most of my goals. One of my goals is reading 60 books, which I am not so sure I will be able to fulfill; however, I am going to still try it.

Last month I only completed two books. The first one I completed was “Safe Haven” by Nicholas Sparks, a book that captured me and which I loved very much. I was not that lucky with “La Scelta” or “The choice” by the same author. I do not know if it is that my Italian is rusty, which might be, or that the plot was not able to capture me right away, but I was not able to finish it.
6468521







35053441The other book I finally finish was “Getting things done” by David Allen. I liked this book and the method he explains and proposes, I liked enough to start implementing it right away as I read the book; however, as I will explain in the review I will be writing about the book, I thought it was at times a little tedious and long, which make it difficult to get through it.








As I finished this book, I wanted a little less “heavy” book for my morning routine, since I practice the miracle morning routine, I have started “Little Black Book” by Othega Uwagba. So far, I like the book, it is a perfect book to keep at hand with some little tips, which are great for any person that works, from home or an office, especially women.







That was all that I read in the last month, as for this month’s TBR I’m planning to get back into finishing and keep up with series.
First, “The golden lily” by Richelle Mead, second book in the “Bloodlines” series, which is a spin-off of the “Vampire Academy” series by the same author. Then, “The son of Neptune” second book in the “Heroes of Olympus” series by Rick Riordan, another spin-off series, this time from the “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” also by Rick Riordan.
9520360     8709523
Then I want to read the first two volumes from Audrey’s Carlan series “Calendar Girl”, since it seems like one of those series I usually fly by.
26783785

After that I want to keep series I started a long time ago. The first being “Red Queen” by Victoria Aveyard. I started the series like two years ago, and this month I want to read the second one in the series, “Glass Sword”. Then I want to wrap up a series, “The Raven Cycle” by Maggie Stiefvater by reading “The Raven King”, the fourth and last book in the series.
23174274    17378527
Last but not least I want to read “Gemina” by Amy Kauffman and Jay Kristoff, the second book in the “Iluminae” series which I started last year and loved. I pre-ordered the third book on amazon which comes out later this month, so I want to be able to read it first thing next month.
292362993483199
While I try to finish this ambitious TBR, I want to finish “Little Black Book” by Othega Uwagba, as part of my miracle morning and read “El Mundo Amarillo” by Albert Espinosa, an Spanish book from an Spanish author I was recommended to read by my therapist.
Thanks for reading,


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

The retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

Tittle: The retribution of Mara Dyer Series: Mara Dyer #3 Author: Michelle Hodkin Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, mystery, paranormal Pages: 481 Publisher: Simon & Schuster for Younger Readers Format: Kindle Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 2.5/5 The retribution of Mara Dyer is the third and last book in the Mara Dyer trilogy written by Michelle Hodkin. The series follows Mara Dyer a teenager who started having problems when an old building collapsed when her friends and her where inside, leaving her as the only survivor. After the accident she finds herself unable to distinguish between what happens in real life and what happens just inside her head. The series became quite popular once the first book came out, however this last book was considered as a disappointment by most people who even loved the first two books. Mara wakes up without being sure what happened after Jude’s attack. Somehow she along with Jamie and -   managed to esca

Strife - Cate Tiernan

Tittle: Strife Author: Cate Tiernan Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, fantasy, witches, magik, coming of age. Pages: 188 Publisher: Puffin Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 5 days Language: English Rating: 4/5 “Strife is the ninth book in the “Wicca/Sweep” series, a series that follows Morgan as she finds out about the existence of magik and her relationship with it. She discovers a new part of her life that threatens with run over everything else. Weird things start happening and the only one that can be blame is Morgan who is uninitiated, since now Ciaran is on the run, and Selene and Cal dead. Hunter brings someone to help her out but her solution to things kinds of goes to extreme. Also, Alisa leaves the coven, since all the things happening scared her off. “Strife” was a good book in the series but it got me lost a little bit. They introduced Alisa’s point of view which kinds of puts me off a little bit and all in all it was a little tedious

Allegiant - Veronica Roth

Tittle: Allegiant Series: Divergent #3 Author: Veronica Roth Genre: YA, science fiction, fantasy, romance, dystopia Pages: 526 Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books Format: EBook Time to read it: 2 days Language: English Rating: 4/5             Allegiant is the third and final book in the Divergent trilogy written by Veronica Roth. Probably everyone knows what the series is about since the first book was turned this year into a movie. The story develops in a city where the population is divided into factions based on their characters: Abnegation, Amity, Dauntless, Candor and Erudite. Each faction has a role in society; and at the age of sixteen kids are put into a test which will show them what their character is, and then they will choose any faction they want. Something went wrong in our main character test, which will change her life and the ones surrounding her forever.             Now, Four’s mother, the leader of the factionless, governs the city. The