Ir al contenido principal

The Calling - Cate Tiernan



Tittle: The Calling
Author: Cate Tiernan
Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, fantasy, witches, magik, coming of age.
Pages: 189
Publisher: Puffin
Format: Digital (Kindle)
Time to read it: 4 days
Language: English
Rating: 5/5




“The Calling” is the seventh book in the “Wicca/Sweep” series, a series that follows Morgan as she finds out about the existence of magik and her relationship with it. She discovers a new part of her life that threatens with run over everything else.

Morgan has been having really weird bad dreams, that Hunter and the council think that might be related to the Amyranth coven, to which Selene used to be part of. This dark magik coven have been seen around New York, therefore Morgan, Hunter and some of their friends are going to search for answers there.

“The Calling” was a really compelling book. It really captured me and I liked that. The story and past of Morgan starts taking form and she learns some important things during this trip. Apart from that since Cal’s death Hunter and Morgan’s relationships seems to move forward, however she takes some bad decisions that in my opinion are quite questionable. Other than that I liked the development of the book how you can build up suspicions that came together in the end, and how it leaved an instalment close, even if the story keep going.


To sum up, “The Calling” was really good, and as I said before the series so far is a really recommended one about witches and magick.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Strife - Cate Tiernan

Tittle: Strife Author: Cate Tiernan Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, fantasy, witches, magik, coming of age. Pages: 188 Publisher: Puffin Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 5 days Language: English Rating: 4/5 “Strife is the ninth book in the “Wicca/Sweep” series, a series that follows Morgan as she finds out about the existence of magik and her relationship with it. She discovers a new part of her life that threatens with run over everything else. Weird things start happening and the only one that can be blame is Morgan who is uninitiated, since now Ciaran is on the run, and Selene and Cal dead. Hunter brings someone to help her out but her solution to things kinds of goes to extreme. Also, Alisa leaves the coven, since all the things happening scared her off. “Strife” was a good book in the series but it got me lost a little bit. They introduced Alisa’s point of view which kinds of puts me off a little bit and all in all it was a little tedious

Half Year Wrap Up and July TBR

Hello everyone, as I said on my update and favorites post I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately. Because of that, I’m not going to do a monthly wrap up, but a middle of the year wrap up. I can’t believe we have already hit the middle of the year, but here we are and I’m four books behind in my goodreads challenge, which is more or less like a month. It isn’t much considering how little time I have had to read, as well as many other things, and considering there were two months in which I didn’t finished one book.  We start with January, the best month reading wise I’ve had in years, I completed a total of 8 books in addition to a novella and a graphic novel. Not only that, I also highly enjoyed most books I read during that month  “Captivated by You” by Sylvia Day. The last book published in the Crossfire series, really liked it, and I can’t wait for the next book which I think might be the last. (4/5) “Conociendo a Raul” by Blue Jeans. The novella I read, prequel to “El Club de

Ignite me - Tahereh Mafi

Tittle: Ignite me Series: Shatter Me #3 Author: Tahereh Mafi Genre: Fiction, YA, dystopia, science fiction, paranormal, post-apocalyptic, action Pages: 421 Publisher: Harper Collins Format: Kindle Time to read it: 3 days Language: English Rating: 5/5 “Ignite me” is the last book in the “Shatter me” trilogy written by Tahereh Mafi. The series is about a destroyed futuristic world were The Reestablishment controls everything and people die of hunger.   In this shattered world Juliette is a special girl, a dangerous one, whose touch can kill. Juliette is supposed to be dead as the rest of Omega Point. However, she wakes up in Warner’s bedroom; he has saved her life after his dad shot her on her chest. That fact has changed her, she is not willing to live her brand new life hiding anymore, she will not be trapped in a jail of her own making anymore, she will fight back, and she will find Anderson and kill him. She will destroy The Reestablishment. “Igni