Ir al contenido principal

June Wrap Up and July TBR

June has finished and I do not have good news, between a change of Schedule at my new job and getting into a Reading slump, I have not been reading or posting as much as I would have wanted to this past month. Nonetheless here is my wrap up and my TBR for this month we just have started.
During June, I finished two books and I got to the middle of the third. The first book I finished was “The forever song” by Julie Kagawa. This was the last book in the “Blood of Eden” trilogy, therefore with this book I completed another unfinished series. The book itself was quite interesting and it really captured me. Hopefully this month I will post the reviews for this as well as the second book in the series, “The eternity cure” which I finished on May. However, if you want to know my opinion right away, I did really enjoy the series and I think it was a quite original mix between dystopia and vampires. 




Then I moved to “Lord of Shadows” the second book in the “Dark Artifices” series by Cassandra Clare, last book published in the “Shadowhunter Chronicles”. As always Casandra Clare did not disappointed, I loved the book I really got immersed in the story and I could not put it down. The review for this one will be up on Thursday, if you want to know more about my thoughts for this book.



Then I picked up “Days of blood and starlight” by Laini Taylor and I do not know what is it about this book that I cannot get into it. Probably these are a few of the reasons I do not want to keep with it, there are lots of characters that only appeared for a short period of time at the end of book one, also the fact that it has different storylines. Therefore, you can guess I got into a major reading slump and now that the month is over I have decided to set the book in my shelf for this month, because it is just not going to happen anytime soon.


As for my TBR, since the last past months have not been that great I have set an ambitious TBR with things that I think might get me back to reading.
The first book I want to be completing is the last book in the “Lux” series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, “Opposition”. The truth is that I like this series but it is not like the best thing I have ever read; however, it is something new in the fantasy department for me since I do not read much series about aliens. Apart from that the past books in the series had always been able to capture me and want to read, which is what I need right now.
Then I want to keep going with the “Parasol protectorate” series by reading its fourth book, “Heartless” by Gail Carriger. This is another series from which I have enjoyed the previous books, however the third one was not exactly my favorite and maybe that is the reason I have been putting it off.

Moving forward I want to read an entire trilogy, because there has been time since I last did this and the truth is that I enjoy doing it, especially when series capture me. For this “challenge” I have chosen “The Royals” series by Erin Watt, since it was recommended by the youtuber Tashapolis and she said it was highly addictive, quite what I need right now.



Then since it is summer I have chosen three contemporary books, which are right on my ally at this moment. The first one being “The truth about forever” by Sarah Dessen, one of the most recommended summery reads in every list I could find. Second on my list is “Burn for burn” by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian; I have read books by Jenny Han before and I really like her contemporary romance, this time the plot seems a little more twisty, therefore I wanted to give it a try. Last but not least, I want to read “Hopeless” by Colleen Hoover, another author I have read previously and really enjoyed.


To conclude I want to mention a book I forgot when I was doing my TBR and I remember it came out recently and that is “Always and Forever, Lara Jane” the third book in the “To all the boys I’ve loved before” by Jenny Han. It would be awesome if I could squeeze this book in since I really want to read it, if not it will definitely be on my august TBR.

As I said, I am being really ambitious however I think I can manage it since I am excited for all the books in the list.

Thanks for reading,



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Strife - Cate Tiernan

Tittle: Strife Author: Cate Tiernan Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, fantasy, witches, magik, coming of age. Pages: 188 Publisher: Puffin Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 5 days Language: English Rating: 4/5 “Strife is the ninth book in the “Wicca/Sweep” series, a series that follows Morgan as she finds out about the existence of magik and her relationship with it. She discovers a new part of her life that threatens with run over everything else. Weird things start happening and the only one that can be blame is Morgan who is uninitiated, since now Ciaran is on the run, and Selene and Cal dead. Hunter brings someone to help her out but her solution to things kinds of goes to extreme. Also, Alisa leaves the coven, since all the things happening scared her off. “Strife” was a good book in the series but it got me lost a little bit. They introduced Alisa’s point of view which kinds of puts me off a little bit and all in all it was a little tedious

Always and forever, Lara Jean - Jenny Han

Tittle: Always and forever, Lara Jean Series: To all the boy I’ve loved before… Author: Jenny Han Genre: Fiction, YA, Romance, coming of age. Pages: 320 Publisher: Simon & Schuster for Young Readers Format: Digital (Kindle) Time to read it: 20 days Language : English Rating: 3/5 “Always and forever, Lara Jean” is the third book in the “To all the boy I loved before…” series by Jenny Han. The series follows Lara Jean, a teenage girl who lost her mother years ago and has three sisters. Her older sister is going away for college and her younger sister sends some letters Lara Jean has been storing for years, letters to all the boys she has loved. Lara’s senior year seems like is going to be the best senior year ever, she and her boyfriend, Peter, have everything figured out about college; her father is marring their neighbor; and her sister is going to be back for the summer. However, mostly nothing will follow her plan and she will have to deal with ch

The retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

Tittle: The retribution of Mara Dyer Series: Mara Dyer #3 Author: Michelle Hodkin Genre: Fiction, YA, Fantasy, mystery, paranormal Pages: 481 Publisher: Simon & Schuster for Younger Readers Format: Kindle Time to read it: 6 days Language: English Rating: 2.5/5 The retribution of Mara Dyer is the third and last book in the Mara Dyer trilogy written by Michelle Hodkin. The series follows Mara Dyer a teenager who started having problems when an old building collapsed when her friends and her where inside, leaving her as the only survivor. After the accident she finds herself unable to distinguish between what happens in real life and what happens just inside her head. The series became quite popular once the first book came out, however this last book was considered as a disappointment by most people who even loved the first two books. Mara wakes up without being sure what happened after Jude’s attack. Somehow she along with Jamie and -   managed to esca